See our latest job postings for Crowne Plaza Suffern – Mahwah and apply here.
Guest Service Agent
Apply for Job
Department: Front Desk
Reports To: Front Office Manager
Position Summary: Must provide efficient and courteous service to each guest and operate according to the policies, procedures, quality standards and services established by the management team for the satisfaction of all internal and external guests. Must be willing to work shifts and weekends, if required. Must be able to work rapidly during busy periods while remaining calm and professional.
Areas of Accountability:
- Achieve high end guest satisfaction
- Oversee and participate in the prompt and courteous handling of all guests as necessary, including but not limited to, check-in & check-out, and telephone and personal inquiries
- Maintain rooms security by providing effective key control & confidentiality
- Meet and exceed customer expectations by ensuring you provide superior service and teamwork
- Ensure that all customer services are delivered efficiently and effectively
- Effectively communicate any information or requests to co-workers as necessary to ensure teamwork results in exceptional customer service
- Record requests for special accommodations, suites and/or in-house packages
- Check with F.O.M., daily for out-of-order rooms, VIP rooms, and special accommodation requests
- Ensure all pre-registrations are done correctly
- Ensure effective check-in and check-out procedures are followed for individual and group/tour activity
- Inform and follow up with any necessary departments to ensure that all requests for cots, cribs, packages, etc. are delivered to the guest rooms
- Must have working knowledge of reservations system to perform taking reservations, dupe checks, non-guaranteed cancellations, claimed reservations, setting the house statistics, etc
- Utilize leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize productivity:
- Motivate through offering examples or leading by example of excellence in customer service
- Follows shift checklists to ensure all duties are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain clean & safe working conditions within department and hotel
- Ensure all safety rules and procedures are followed
- Take corrective action, where required, to improve safety of work areas
- Must maintain proper balance and knowledge of daily transactions and float responsibilities
- Keep supervisor promptly & fully informed of problems and unusual matters of significance
- Read, follow-up and maintain daily logbook entries
GENERAL STAFF DUTIES
- To adhere to all matters relating to hygiene, health & safety in accordance with laws and company policy.
- To be aware of the action taken in the event of an emergency (such as fire and bomb threat) in accordance with procedures laid down by company and hotel policy.
- To be committed to providing exceptional customer service by exceeding customer expectations; utilizing safe and financially sound solutions.
- To work and communicate in a professional and ethical manner with colleagues assisting where necessary to develop team spirit and to achieve standards of work and guest care as required by company policy.
- To achieve guest satisfaction by responding to and anticipating guests needs ensuring and comments and complaints are acted upon in accordance with hotel and company policy.
- To take every opportunity to be a “sales person” by actively selling special promotions and facilities available within the property in order to contribute to overall profitability.
- To assist with team member orientation and training within the department as required by hotel and company policy.
- To maintain standards of punctuality, uniform presentation and personal hygiene.
- To be aware of and comply with company and house rules.
- To contribute to cost control through energy conservation and proper usage of storage of all materials/equipment as per departmental standards and manufacturers instructions.
- To attend meetings as requested and to recognize the importance of contributing new ideas and initiative to the overall success of the operation.
- To assist with cleaning duties in order to maintain a clean and well-ordered work area in line with hotel policy
- To contribute to the security of the building, company assets and guest/co-worker safety by reporting of suspicious persons and handling of keys/cash as appropriate to the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for Job
The Crowne Plaza Suffern is looking for part time night auditor.
You're like the super hero of accounting. You arrive in the night, dive deep into the books, and reveal anything out of place. You leap to the front desk, attending to that travel-weary guest. And with accurate precision before the sun rises, you draw a clear picture using the night's data for the new day's action. Who was that? It could be you as Night Auditor for Crowne Plaza Suffern Hotel & Conference Center.
As Night Auditor, you will:
- Ensure all aspects of hotel accounting for all areas of hotel operations are processed correctly and accurately recorded, protecting the brand and asset against liability and fraud.
- Audit, balance, post and report on front desk, rooms, and all food and beverage outlets' cash and credit operations and reset all registers to ensure accurate, timely function and optimal operations management.
- Provide rooms management with a clear picture of their performance using the data gathered.
- Run the night audit final, after ensuring all revenue is in balance.
- Attend to guest needs at the front desk.
Job Type: Part-time
Apply for Job
The Crowne Plaza Suffern Hotel & Conference Center is looking for full time and part time line cook and banquet cook. Must be available to work all shifts.
Summary of Position:
- Prepare menu items, stock and prep kitchen stations and maintain a clean, safe, sanitary and professional work environment
- Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service
- Prepare a variety of foods; meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable and cold food items
- Arrange sauces and supplementary garnishes for allocated station
- Cover, date and correctly store all bits and pieces and food prep items
- Notify Chef in advance of likely shortages
- Serve menu items compliant with established standards
- Use food preparation tools in accordance with manufactures instructions
- Close the kitchen correctly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations
- Maintain a prepared and sanitary work area at all times
- Keep the work area fresh all through the shift
- Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Returns dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas
- Assist with all duties as assigned by Kitchen Manager/Head Cook
- Available weekends for all shifts
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Restaurant: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- food handler certificate (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift